Thursday, April 3, 2008

Hi all,

The conference is over, and it's kinda nice to be back to a regular routine.

There was a lot of interesting stuff in the conference, but that week was a bit of blur.  I'm still processing everything we did.

I'm finding that I'm learning a lot more from just getting to know the other people in my group than from anything we're doing in class.  Its disappointing that most of the classes aren't more rewarding, but I'm glad that the time I'm spending with the people here is so valuable.  It's the only part of this trip where I feel like I'm actually learning from experience, which is what the whole program should be about, but where it often falls short.  Group Dynamics class is pretty good though, because that applies directly to living as part of a group - which is what we're experiencing firsthand here.

We're going to Erraid next week - a small island off the west coast of Scotland, and I'm looking forward to that.

Sorry this was so short - gotta go to class!

Colin

No comments: